Pages

Monday, December 24, 2012

La Union Getaway.

This is a late post though.

It was early November when my cousin and her friends decided to have a getaway trip over the long weekend. Since some of them experienced surfing at La Union, they thought it will be a great idea to have La Union Getaway part 2 with the people who wasn't able to join the first time.

I was really confused that time. I was waiting for my work to start so I really can't decide weather to join them or not. I waited for almost five months (5) to get my first job and I really can't miss this one big shot.

The day came, I am very decided to join them. I told them "Friday na wala pa ring text baka magstart  na kami after the long weekend." And poof! God heard my prayers. I was able go with them.

No one is really confirming if they'll come or not until we find ourselves at Michael's condo unit (the meeting place). We waited for Ate Trina for almost 1 hour. So we played "tong-its" first. We we're all hungry that time 'cause its like 12 in the morning.

I was very excited and nervous. Excited because I'll be with the people I want to be with and nervous because I really don't know what to expect with that surfing stuff.

It was really a long long long long long drive.. I was bored the whole trip and everyone is just sleeping. I also not expecting that we'll be dropping by Ilocos Sur, Ilocos Norte, Laoag, Vigan, Paoay Sand Dunes, Rock Formation and the famous Windmill in Pagudpod before we headed in La Union. So imagine the long and tiring trip.


Sand Dunes
Rock formation




So we tried Vigan empanada, Vigan longanissa, Ilocos Street food and their other native delicacies. Though I've been there, always feels good to go back with other people.



Came La Union, everyone's tired 'cause its like 6 hours drive from Pagudpod. so we decided to surf the next day. I was not really excited because when I saw the big waves splashing over the seashore you'll get the same feeling that I'm feeling.

We didn't bother to get surfing instructor since David know how to surf. So after they taught Trina, it was my turn. It was kinda easy, addicting and satisfying. The fact that you can control the surf board and be able to at least kneel down on your board brings that kilig moment in you. :)







Surfing is just a matter of body balancing and timing to dance along with the waves. It was really fun and addicting experience. It's like conquering the sea with your ability to stand, control and dance with it. Just what I've told other people after the experience, You can't stop the waves, but you can learn how to surf.