Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

8-7-12 Rainfall

I don't know what to say except that I am really affected on what's happening in my country and to my fellow countryman. My mind's wondering what's with these low pressure area that he has such strong power to ruin my beloved Philippines.

I remember the incident Ondoy brought us. Can we consider this Ondoy part 2? I think it's been raining for 48 hours. When will this rain stop? It gets scarier and worst every minute and I can't do anything but to pray and disseminate infor thru  twitter. Listening to news, reading tweets makes my heart broken -really broken. I'm still thankful that I can check on my twitter, having electricity and food but my heart and sympathy goes to each and every one that is homeless, stranded and affected by this non-stop rainfall.

At first, I'm really pissed of to students who always pray to have heavy rain so that class would be suspendid. Now, are they happy seeing people suffer and dying? That kind of prayer is really selfish. I admit, when I was a student I even pray things like that but it change after Ondoy, Milenyo and other destroying typhoons that hit our country. But as I assess things, being mad to this selfish students are not the thing that our country needs now. It needs basic necessities like food, water, shelter, clothes, guidance, strength and prayers.

How come that government are not ready for this? If yes, why is that they are too slow responding to those who are affected. There's a budget for calamity like these. They should be prepared from donations to people and equipment. 

Earthquake. Landslide. Flashflood. Non-stop rainfall. These all shall pass. Kaya natin to. Kelan ba sumuko ang mga Pilipino? I'm sure our country will heal and recover fro this. Let's use the power of prayer to save everyone that's in danger. :|

But the best prevention for this is DISCIPLINE. Always remember na ang basurang tinapon mo, babalik sayo. Let us learn from this experience. Wag nating abusuhin si Mother Nature. Lagi nating iisipin yung epekto ng mga bagay na ginagawa at gagawin ntin.

I saw one photo in Facebook saying "Kaya pinili ni Lord ang Pilipinas dahil alam niya na kakayanin at mahaharap natin to ng buong tapang." Something like that, I truly believe that. It is shown that filipino people don't fail to help one another in times like these. I truly salute my fellow country men. Also, hands down to those who are out to rescue other. Binubuwis niyo sarili niyong buhay para matulungan yung iba. Isa kayong bayani.

I have God. Never panic, just pray. God will help us through this.

Save this Emergency Hotlines in your phone.
Thanks to these two brave policemen.
Scary.
Estrada cor Leon Guinto